Oil changes keep your car running. Similar maintenance keeps your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment operating safely and efficiently throughout the year.
Your comfort and indoor air quality (IAQ) depend on a well-maintained heating and cooling system. Remember to change the air filter on your furnace, air conditioner (AC), or heat pump at least every 90 days. According to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), an AC with a clean filter uses as much as 15 percent less energy than an AC with a dirty one.
Along with changing the filter, schedule seasonal heating and cooling maintenance with a professional service, like Air Handlers. Our Virginia Beach HVAC specialists bring quality service, expertise, and transparency to Virginia customers like you.
Want to know if you’re getting a quality maintenance inspection? Ask your contractor the following:
How Long Does an HVAC Inspection Take?
A maintenance visit should take 45 minutes to an hour. This gives your specialist ample time to check each component and clean areas that trap dust and debris. Close attention to detail is mandatory. Anything shorter, and the inspection was likely incomplete.
Are You a Licensed, Bonded, and Insured Company?
If the answer is no, then walk away. A professional HVAC company must meet the legal requirements to operate in your area. The most basic requirement is a license to conduct business. Additionally, commercial insurance is a necessary component––it shields you from liability when work is being performed in your home.
What Does a Maintenance Plan Include?
Be sure the following items are covered anytime you sign up for an HVAC maintenance plan:
- Follows ACCA Checklist: The Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) sets forth HVAC inspection standards that are specific to the type of equipment you have in your home. Your contractor should follow these guidelines. Additionally, they should let you know about upkeep between inspections, like changing your filter or cleaning the outdoor condenser.
- Performance Evaluation : This enables your specialist to monitor efficiency, helping to ensure your system is running as efficiently as possible.
- Safety Inspection: If your HVAC contractor finds your equipment is not up to code, improperly installed, or unsafe, they will report it to you right away.
What Did You Find During the Inspection?
Your HVAC specialist should always be transparent about what they find during an inspection. This is especially important if they discover something that needs to be corrected. This can range from leaky ductwork to a cracked heat exchanger—or even a pest infestation. Whatever your expert observes––you should know about it.
Our Maintenance Plans
Preventative maintenance plays a vital role in the upkeep of your heating and cooling equipment. There’s a reason most manufacturers require it in their warranty policy. You’ll enjoy several benefits, including:
- Longer life expectancy for your home comfort system
- Lower utility bills due to high efficiency
- Fewer or no repair visits
Air Handlers makes maintenance simple to manage with our Champion’s Club Maintenance Plan. We offer appointment reminders, plus perks like priority service, discounts, and more. Get in touch with us today to learn more.
Talk to an HVAC Expert Near You Today!
Air Handlers offers HVAC installations, repairs, and maintenance in Virginia Beach, VA, and the surrounding areas. Call 757-734-7171 today for quality service, or request service online.